Followers

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

tropical medicine

This is where we (Mark and I) spent the morning. We met the most wonderful tropical medicine doctor. He was very personable and seemed to really know his stuff. He agreed that it sounded like Mark has Malaria, but also concerned that we needed to be sure there was not something else. In the end, i would imagine that the total tests he ordered were over $1000. Mark has not been as sick today as he has been over the last week, but that is typical of Malaria. The treatment is a medication that he already knows makes him feel bad. And he is taking 4x the dose for the next 4 days. So he gets premedicated with a medication to try to prevent the nausea and vomiting.

Friday when he came to my office and was feeling so badly, his blood pressure was 190/110. It had been so well managed with exercise, i could not believe it. Today he was feeling better and his pressure was 130/70. It is amazing how being ill taxes the body. He has had up and down symptoms for almost a week now.

Mark took his first round of medications this morning and promptly did not feel well, and slept much of the afternoon. He ate a little tonight, but complains that his belly does not feel well.
The girls were good caretakers for him today.

I had a WONDERFUL busy day at work. I had some of my wonderful past patients. Tomorrow I am headed out to the childrens nursing home where I am on call to see the kids. Cailin is looking forward to going with me.It will be a short day.

Lots going on, but i am not complaining.
I am glad to know that the Lord has a plan in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment