Followers

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer's End 2010

So my heart is constantly focusing on just what God has for me, for us, for the future, for today, for tomorrow. How many ways can God tell me to plan my way, but that he has a purpose.
Proverbs 16:9
In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.
Psalm 37:23
The steps of a man are established by the Lord, and he delights in his way.
Proverbs 16:1
The plans of the heart belong to man, But the answer of the tongue is from the Lord.
Proverbs 19:21
Many plans are in a man's heart, but the counsel of the Lord will stand.
Proverbs 20:2
Man's steps are ordained by the Lord, How then can man understand his way?
Jeremiah 10:23
I know, o Lord, that a man's way is not in himself, Nor is it a man who walks to direct his steps.

So summer is about over, even though it is still 100 degrees here in east Texas. I cannot believe that Jessie is starting high school. Where did the years go. She is becoming an amazing woman.





It has been a good summer of fun little events. Because I was working in dallas, we bought season passes at a great discount for Six Flags. And we have gotten good use of them. The girls have been to Six Flags in Dallas several times, and we took a trip to San Antonio. We also have a season pass for SeaWorld. So we hit both in San Antonio and kept it so affordable. We were talking to someone yesterday, and I realized taht I am a really good trip budgeter. I can make food or activities stretch and get great value for our money. I am always looking for a new idea for something fun, yet won't break the bank.


Cailin has had a great opportunity to go to Rockin C Ranch and then to attend drama camp at the school. She has had so much fun. It was so fun to watch her growing and changing. She has a wonderful best friend, Sarah. They have so much fun together.





So fall seems to be a time to see what God is doing next. And here we are in the last week of summer. School starts Sept 23.












No comments:

Post a Comment