Followers

Monday, August 2, 2010

MALARIA ITS NOT JUST FOR BREAKFAST ANY MORE: I HATE MOSQUITOS!!!!!!!!!


Since returning from my 2 trips to Haiti and my month long trip to Liberia, I have noticed that every 10-14 days I have been getting sick. The intensity of these illnesses have grown with each occurence.
I have had the Plasmodium falciparum type of malaria twice before. But it would appear I have now been blessed with a new type, Plasmodium vivax. This type is a little different, it is not as fatal but the little fellas like to make a nest in your liver and come out periodically to let you know they are there. This nesting makes them harder to kill requiring a stronger medicine that needs to be taken for 15 days instead of the normal 3 days.
I have a 8am appointment with a tropical medicine doctor tomorrow, Zana will be coming with me to tell the doctors the correct symptoms.
My travel insurance is supposed to cover this, but since it has taken so long to diagnose, they probably won't cover it. So prayers for health, wisdom and finances would be appreciated.
I will keep you updated on the outcome,
Mark -out

No comments:

Post a Comment