Followers

Thursday, February 4, 2010

February 4th, 2010: 9th Day in Haiti













OK, I am tired, dirty and exaughsted from the emotional drain that a humanitarian crisis dumps on you. You see the beautiful children walking the streets looking for their families or just sitting next to destroyed buildings and you know the story behind the picture, because you have seen it a hundred times over the last week.


And then you see this, a bulletin board at a school where on the day of the earth quake the teacher wrote "God Loves You" You immediately wonder if the students and teachers are OK? Are their families OK? Do they still have homes or will they return to school? I don't know why this happened but I do know the truth of the words on this board, and today at this moment I am a representation of God's love for these people. I must always remember this!









Our days are filled with meetings as we seek to strategize with our partners in country to better facilitate their efforts with Mercy Ships' core skill sets and organizational strengths











We confered with Mission of Hope where some of the field hospitals from Cuba and Canada were performing surgeries.










We delivered water to the medical teams working here, to allow them to dedicate their time to the hundreds of amputations in front of them.

I will be heading home at the end of this week. I can't wait to hug my children and remind them how lucky we all are that we can serve God by helping the children of Haiti.
Mark - Out

No comments:

Post a Comment